- 1..5 cup sweet potatoes boiled and diced
- 1.5 cup apple diced
- 1 ripe banana diced
- 1 cup flour (wheat / multi grain/ maida as desired)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or refined oil
- raisins and nuts as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon / 1 small stick
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup milk
Monday, November 22, 2010
Mix all fruits and sweet potatoes, add honey, cinnamon and milk and raisins and mix well, keep in an oven proof dish.
In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, nuts, sugar and oil, mix well. Spread over the mixture in the oven proof dish. Do not mix.
Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins till top browns. Tastes awesome, we tried it tonight :)
Sunday, November 7, 2010
- 2 cups water
- 1 .5 teaspoons baker's yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1cup oatmeal
- Optional- trail mix nuts- raisins, currants, anything you like!
- Heat the water just enough for the yeast, sprinkle the yeast and mis the honey into it. Let is stay till the mixture is frothy, keep it in a warm place.
- Mix the flours in this mixture in a mixing bowl. Knead it well and keep in an oiled container. Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm place, let rise until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes or more.
- Knead again and let rise for another 45 minutes. Knead again and keep in a greased loaf pan. I didn't have a loaf pan so I shaped them in loaves and wrapped in aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven until the top is golden brown and the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. We finished the two loaves for dinner, else can be stored wrapped in aluminium foil for later.